Monday, March 12, 2007

Mechanical Fastener's...


In this final step, I like to employ mechanical fastener's. I am using 1-1/4" staples shot in with a pneumatic crown molding nailer/stapler. They are being shot in a "W" pattern on one side, then the joist is flipped over and shot again so that there is a staple about every 6". While the glue is the real strength in this assembly, the staple's do add the to equation, but, are being used more for a way to keep everything together until the glue dries, which is where the real bond is made.
I once thought a tool such as this was a little pricey, but upon shopping around I found this one for under $20.00. For that price and the time it saves, you simply cannot go wrong. Not only am I using it on the floor joist's, but also in putting down the decking on the roof, shooting down the subfloor, and putting up the siding. So far, I've probably saved over eight hours, and for twenty bucks, it just made too much sense. I can't wait to see how fast I can build the cabinets for the kitchen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools