Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Spiral Staircase...

Here's a couple shots of the spiral staircase from ground level.

Well, I must say that I am quite impressed with them and can't wait to get them into operation. Being handicapped, I really thought my wife was nuts when she said I would like them better than what is already in the house (see the pic). The old stairs do not have a handrail and really are quite shakey. My personal handicap involves to a great degree, my legs, and I must admit that the current old stairs really are becoming a very real pain for me.

The spiral staircase on the other hand, I have found to be very easy to navigate. In using them, there is a limited space to move from side to side (a big plus when my walk is unsteady) and the handrails make is so that one can assist themself with their arms, which I find of great help.
I would have to say that if one is handicapped, have small children or other limiting factor's in their life and they are making a decision about a staircase, do consider using spiral as an option. Go somewhere that has some and try them out; I think you just might be surprised!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools