Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Getting Back Into The Swing...

It's been a rather uncomfortable journey, but I am now getting back to work on the house.
While the old clawfoot tub is pretty and gives a good deep bath, it isn't always the most practical and efficient way to bathe. In short, I miss the shower! While there are plans for a second bathroom that includes a shower, I wanted one now. So, some fourteen dollars and two hours later, I have one. In fact, it's quite the trend to have an outdoor shower, and We now are on the wave of current home fashion. I built it just off the back deck with treated lumber framing and cedar planks that were reclaimed from the kitchen ceiling.
Upon finishing it up, we all took our first christening shower and loved it! Everyone grabbed a bathing suit and took their turn (I haven't built the door to the enclosure yet), then I sent everyone inside and took a "real" shower. If you don't have an outdoor shower, you are missing out.
I also took the last part of last week and reworked the railing on the front deck. What a difference it made. Cost was zero as I just took the old 2x2 uprights and cut them down to 1x2. They had 12" spacing and I reduced it to 4 1/2" which really improved the overall look.
I'll try to get some before and after pics up sometime soon. I'm so happy to be able to get back to something productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools